University Publishing Solutions, LLC
Publishing since 1990
302 Ryders Lane
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
9 AM - 5 PM EST
University Publishing Solutions accepts
George E.B. Morren, Jr.
When the Chips are Down: Individual and Community Responses to Environmental Problems
|Quantity in Basket:
When the Chips are Down: Individual and Community Responses to Environmental Problems is particularly concerned with teaching frameworks for looking at environmental problems and how people deal with them that integrate relevant social and physical sciences approaches. If it works, it should contrast strongly with narrower, more specialized courses. In a sense, it is intended to provide the rope and the glue to hold all the other stuff together. So, wide focus, but very specific conceptual tools. The tools include:
If this sounds like a tall order, you are right!
- A model of the learning-problem solving process as a template for behavioral behavioral adaptations.
- A concern for the roots of conflict, divisiveness, and dispute.
- Conceptualizations of environmental perception, awareness and empowerment.
- Frameworks for understanding the origins or causes and the impacts of environmental problems and people's vulnerability.
- An outline of the characteristics of environmental problems that are particularly relevant to sorting out responses.
- A model for thinking about equilibrational and escalatory responses.
- Approaches to consensus-making and dispute resolution amongst stakeholders on the way to improving environmental problems.
Author: George E.B. Morren, Jr.
Paperback, 476 pages, 8.5" x 11"